PRP is derived by isolating plasma from blood and concentrating it. PRP is injected into the bald spots on the scalp to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss.
Let us breakdown the PRP procedure step by step:
- Blood is drawn from the patient’s arm using a butterfly needle and transferred in the small tube.
- The tube is then placed in Centrifuge, a special machine that separates the blood components according to their density. The blood tube rotates in the Centrifuge in a permanent axis. This process takes 10 minutes to complete and blood is separated into 3 layers:
- Platelets Rich Plasma (Top Layer)
- White Blood Cells & Platelets (Centre Layer)
- Red Blood Cells (Base Layer)
- The PRP is filled into the syringe and is injected in the areas where there are bald patches on the scalp to enable hair growth.
Derma Roller is rolled around the scalp area where the PRP injections were used. Derma Roller is a small-sized tool with tiny pointed needles. The equipment is used on the scalp to prompt platelet flow.
A single session of PRP treatment takes about 60 – 90 minutes. Some patients might be recommended undergoing a Low-level Laser Therapy (LLLT) by the Doctor. In this therapy, a low powered laser is emitted on the scalp area to enhance cell function and accelerate the healing process. This process takes an additional 20 – 40 minutes in all.
Who can take PRP Treatment?
- PRP is recommended for individuals who have developed bald patches on their scalp due to hair fall and hair thinning over a period.
- PRP delivers better results on individuals who have faced hair loss issues recently. It does become a challenge in reactivating dormant hair follicles to function again.
- PRP is not suitable for a totally bald scalp.
Success Rate of PRP Treatment
- The success rate for PRP treatment is around 60%-50% in male patients. It is observed men regrow around 30% of the hair they’ve lost.
- The success rate for PRP treatment is around 80%-90% in female patients. Women are observed to get benefited from PRP treatment.
PRP Procedure involves
Extraction of the blood: Approximately 7-30 ml of blood sample is drawn depending. on the area of the scalp to be treated.
Separation of platelets in a centrifuge: The drawn blood is kept in the tubes which are then centrifuged for the separation of the plasma and other blood cells.
Extraction of platelet-rich plasma: The platelet-rich plasma is then separated with caution so that it doesn’t mix with the platelet less plasma and red blood cells.
Injecting platelet-rich plasma: PRP formula is then injected on every square cm over the thinning area using small-sized needles
FOR ANY HAIR TREATMENT
CALL US FOR CONSULTATION
ON : 9604 1177 88
Parihar Chowk, Aundh, Pune
Phone: +91 8888643333
Phone: +91 9604117700
Patil lane no 3. college road
Phone: +91 8806849191
Next to K-mall opp
panvel station, (W)
Phone: +91 8803060303