Female Hair Transplant in Pune: All you need to know
Hair loss has become a common problem for most women in Pune. Most of their hair loss problems cannot be solved by medications. So, more and more women are looking into female hair transplant in Pune as a permanent treatment for hair loss.
Female hair transplant is an excellent solution for women who have hair loss problems. However, most women were sceptical about the treatment; this is no longer the case due to modern methods and better natural-looking results.
Also, the stabilization of hair transplant costs for women has opened the procedure to a set of new clients.
Common Types of Female Hair Loss
There are some similarities between male and female hair loss.
Female hair loss is of three forms: diffuse, patterned, and localized.
It is the most common form of hair loss among women. The hair loss only occurs at the front and top of your head with no thinning of your hair at the back and sides.
Women with patterned hair loss will lose more of their front hairline. The thinning occurs in sections closer to the hairlines.
Women who have patterned hair loss are the best candidates for a female hair transplant. The retention of hair on the backs and sides of your head indicates resistance to DHT. The Ludwig Classification categories the stages of this kind of hair loss in females:
In most cases, female hair loss is diffused, with thinning occurs all over the head, rather than the tell-tale pattern that many men have.
Localized hair loss refers to hair loss occurring in specific areas. Unlike a patterned or diffuse form, localized hair loss usually results in bald spots taking place in distinct areas of your head.
Women’s hair may be susceptible to some health conditions. Consequently, hair loss often takes place as a side effect or result of one of such conditions. Due to these reasons, it is hard to find the cause of a woman’s hair loss by merely looking at it. So, more diagnostic tests are often required.
Are you an Eligible Candidate for a Female Hair Transplant?
Male pattern baldness accounts for more than 95% of hair loss in males. This makes a hair transplant a viable option for most men. However, only 2%–5% of females who have hair loss are suitable candidates for the treatment.
Firstly, women’s hair transplants are only feasible for those who have lost hair on the top of the head. However, the hair on the back and sides is still DHT-resistant, dense, and healthy.
Hence, it is better to consult a hair transplant surgeon in Pune to ensure that this treatment is a realistic choice for you.
Keeping these points in mind, we have laid out a brief outline of hair loss types that respond well to a female hair transplant:
- Female pattern baldness: Contains thinning hair on the crown and top of your head with no thinning on your head’s sides and back.
- Traction or mechanical alopecia or alopecia marginalis: Hair loss takes place at your front hairline, temples, and rarely on your head’s sides. It usually occurs due to the result of the continuous use of hairstyles that pull the hair tightly.
- Hair loss due to plastic surgery: This includes women who have had procedures like brow lifts or facelifts, and they want to conceal visible incision scars.
- Hair loss due to trauma: This is linked to injuries such as burns (fire or chemical). However, it can apply to various injuries or other accidents.
- Naturally high hairlines: Women in this classification go through a female hair transplant to reduce the hairline by a few centimetres.
So, take a consultation appointment from a hair transplant clinic in Pune to determine whether you are eligible for the procedure. After that, your doctor will discuss several methods of a hair transplant.
The most used methods include Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT).