How to Boost your Hair Growth?
Just like most people in the world, you dream of long, Insta-worthy locks, right? And each time you lose several strands of hair, you want them to grow back real quick? We can completely connect with you.
Hair is a significant part of our personalities, and we all want to have long and beautiful hair. So, we have collected a list of home remedies, in-office treatments and the right type of routine to follow for you to improve your hair growth. Keep reading.
Hair Growth Cycle
Before talking about the treatments, let’s discuss how the natural growth cycle works.
Your hair is a long chain of proteins that is present in many parts of your body. This protein is known as keratin, which makes up most of your hair and stimulates hair growth at the cellular level.
Dermatological science suggests that an average healthy hair follicle grows up to half-inch each month, which means about six inches in a year.
With age or due to some health conditions, the function of hair growth cells gets weaker, causing a decrease in the production of new hair follicles. Results being, your hair becoming thin and certain people may even have balding.
Tips to Boost your Hair Growth
Some of the tips you can use to boost your hair growth includes:
Majorly present in citrus fruits, Vitamin C can help avoid hair thinning. Its antioxidant characteristics fight free radicals in your body, hence contributing to firmer hair. Free radicals are molecules that damage DNA and contribute to hair loss.
Studies also show that people who had alopecia were deficient in Vitamin D. Alopecia causes balding. It is also seen that Vitamin D can create tiny hair follicles in your body.
Essential oils such as rosemary oil, pumpkin seed oil and peppermint oil can contribute to hair growth. One study suggested that pumpkin seed oil raised hair growth in men up to 40 per cent. Make it a point to dilute such oils in carrier oils. Applying pure essential oils directly may not be as effective and may cause allergic reactions.
Your dermatologist can recommend topical ointments if you are experiencing hair loss or alopecia, these include:
- Topical melatonin: It decreases hair fall and enhances the density and thickness of your hair
- Topical minoxidil: Used in 5 per cent concentrations, it can decrease the hair loss process
- Propecia: It helps enhance hair fall symptoms
Your hair is created from protein. This lends firmness and strength to your hair. Adding protein can protect your hair from environmental aggressors. Using coconut oil can also prove beneficial to hair strength. It has fatty acids that avoid protein loss.
This magic ingredient is utilized to treat several skin conditions. It has characteristics that help-in hair growth, as well. It unclogs blocked pores and will leave your scalp refreshed. Aloe vera is useful for dandruff. You can use pure aloe vera gel to your scalp a couple of times a week.
Platelet-enriched plasma therapy
Platelet-rich plasma for hair loss includes drawing a person’s blood, processing it and injecting it back into the affected part. Researchers believe that this technique can stimulate hair growth by improving blood circulation and flow to the hair follicle.
Doctors recommend Platelet-enriched plasma therapy in combination with other hair loss treatments.
Daily Tips to Enhance Hair Growth
Some of the tips to improve your hair growth, which you can adopt as a part of your daily life includes:
- Massage your scalp once each day. It will raise blood flow to your hair follicles and stimulate hair growth.
- Gently brush your hair. This is significant to prevent breakage.
- Using cold water rinse your hair. Hot water may strip essential oils away and result in breakage.
- Prevent tying your hair up often. Tying your hair can result in inflamed follicles.
- Purchase a hair serum. Hair serums provide an instant shine and prevent hair damage. They can decrease tangles and avoid breakage.
- Prevent using tools that produce much heat. Avoid utilizing hot straighteners and other hair equipment. These tools can result in breakage and dry up your hair, stripping away moisture content.
Several factors such as UV damage, certain hairstyles, medication and your genes can contribute to hair loss. So involving vitamins and minerals in your diet is significant to improve your hair growth.
Speak with your dermatologist about the different in-office treatments that can be used to enhance hair growth and volume. Still, if your hair growth efforts are not successful due to genetics or health issues, stay confident and live your life happily.