What to Expect After your Hair Transplant?
Many people in Pune and Kerala are turning to hair transplants as a solution to their baldness issues. However, most people are concerned about the outcomes of a hair transplant. So, they look for the best hair transplant in Pune and Kerala.
Are you concerned about the hair transplant results as well? After the surgery, hair grows in a consistent pattern. There is no reason to be worried about what will happen next or the outcome.
All the post-operative stages can be outlined in depth by a hair transplant surgeon in Pune or Kerala. There will be nothing unexpected, so don’t be bothered.
Several people who have had a hair transplant in Kerala or Pune worry about their newly transplanted hair. They normally go to their hair transplant surgeon to discuss what’s going on and why they aren’t getting the results they want.
Some of them begin to compare their hair growth to other people’s hair growth pictures online. They become more stressed seeing that other people are doing better than them.
So, how can you stop being one of them?
You should find out what kind of results you can achieve after your hair transplant. You will be less stressed and know just what to expect.
What to Expect After a Hair Transplant?
We have mentioned the results of hair transplant month by month below so you can know what to expect:
- Within the first three days after the transplant, the grafts will continue to recover their blood flow, which will result in some hair shedding.
- Shedding will occur from week one to week six after the hair transplant. After 2 months of hair transplant, you might develop boils; however, this is only temporary.
- Within a few weeks of hair loss, the roots would be properly in place. Do not be concerned if you find white material over your hair roots. So, your hair transplant after 2 months will show you some hair roots. Also, in three to four months, these roots will begin to grow.
Even after your hair shaft has entered your skin and started to grow, it will change its general appearance many times.
Hair loss can occur in your natural hair during this time; use hair fall medications directed by your doctor.
This hair shaft will stay light in color, weak, and very fine for some time, with gradual changes as time passes. It would then become indistinguishable from your natural hair.
After twelve months, few people notice their desired outcomes. Similarly, after fifteen to eighteen months, few late growers notice their desired outcomes.
Your hair begins to grow in the transplanted region of your scalp following your hair transplant. Your new hair can appear more or less thick depending on:
- How loose the skin around your scalp is
- The density of your transplanted follicles
- How curly your hair is
- Your hair quality
There are some factors you can take care of after your hair transplant surgery to boost your results.
What can you do immediately after your hair transplant surgery?
The following are few things you should do right away after your hair transplant operation to get the best results:
- Eat your usual meal but make sure it’s not too spicy. Also, refrain from drinking or smoking.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions for taking your medicines. Take the medication with meals or a glass of milk rather than on an empty stomach.
- You do not need to lie in bed after the surgery. Do usual activities like watching TV, blogging, or using the laptop.
- Do not force yourself beyond your limits. Do not sit up for longer; go to bed as soon as possible.
- Stop adding pressure on your head, as well as jerky motions. Keep your hands away from your bandages as well.
- You should lie down on your back and turn sideways. However, do not sleep with your hand under your pillow.
You’ll need to see the hair transplant surgeon again for bandage removal and shampoo and washing instructions. Massage the forehead at least three times a day after removing the bandage to minimize swelling.
It’s important to note that a hair transplant just works in the transplanted area. You’ll begin to lose hair in the parts of your scalp that haven’t been treated.
Other drugs, such as Platelet-enriched plasma or Minoxidil therapies, may be needed to help with hair development.
Make sure you have reasonable expectations before getting a hair transplant. Try consulting with your doctor about your hopes if you’ve already had a hair transplant.
Your consultant would give you a clearer picture of what to expect and what you can do to make your hair grow faster.
However, bear in mind that a hair transplant’s exact effects are only noticeable after twelve to fifteen months. So, you should be patient.