Precautions to take before and after a hair transplant treatment
Hair transplantation is a minimally invasive medical procedure. Here your bald scalp will be covered by healthy hair follicles extracted from the back of your scalp.
Many people in Pune opt for a hair transplant treatment to fight against rapid hair loss. Even the hair transplant cost in Pune will not be a burden for you.
Though it is the most effective way yet certain precautions need to be taken care of. If you take a hair transplant treatment in Pune, learn the following precautions before availing of the treatment.
So, what are the precautions you should take before availing of a hair transplant treatment?
If you are planning to undergo a hair transplant treatment, you need to take some precautions. The list of precautions to take before surgery is concise. The procedure is simple, and you don’t have to worry too much. Patients should see a doctor to prevent infection and facilitate surgery.
1-2 weeks before transplant:
Stop using this treatment one week before transplant as it may increase bleeding during surgery. You may use Anti-inflammatory
- vitamin B or E Aspirin
- Traditional medicine
- Blood thinner
Two days after surgery:
- If you are taking vitamin E or Plavix, Coumadin, or MAOI antidepressants, please contact us because you will not have the treatment while using this medicine.
- Smoking reduces blood vessels and reduces blood flow to the scalp, mainly due to nicotine. Due to cigarettes, the oxygen content in the blood becomes low. These substances can cause a severe problem in healing after the surgery. It would help if you smoked at least a week after the treatment.
- Alcohol should be stopped 72 hours before surgery and avoided 2 and 3 weeks after surgery.
- You should inform your doctor if you have allergies, blood disorders, sleep disorders, asthma, high blood pressure, respiratory problems, diabetes and psoriasis, keloid history, and other recent illnesses that may affect your medication or surgery.
On the date of surgery
- In the morning, take a shower on your way home from work and wash off with regular shampoo. Do not use hair care products, dyes, gels, or sprays. If you are wearing hair care products, wigs, or other products, remove them before showering and do not wear them. Until after surgery again.
- Wear straight pants and a zippered button-down shirt. It’s important not to wear clothes that you need to wear on your head. This will prevent transplantation immediately after surgery.
- Hair transplants are performed under antibiotics, but you should not return home after a hair transplant because you will be sleeping due to medications’ effects.
Now let us see the list of precautions to take after a hair transplant treatment:
You should follow the following steps after your hair transplant treatment-
- Do not touch the implanted hair at all.
- For the first 12 hours, our hair transplant surgeon in Pune will apply saline spray every 30 minutes to 1 The solution should be sprayed with mineral or sterile water. It prevents the formation of scabs and nourishes the scalp. Make sure the transplant is moist and well scattered for five days.
- Eat light, healthy, and drink plenty of
- Do not drive and avoid strenuous exercise four weeks after surgery, including training, swimming, exercise, tennis, golf, and lifting weights.
- Take a full break for the first two days. This will reduce inflammation.
- Apply ice to the affected areas to reduce the swelling.
- Take appropriate medications such as antibiotics and
- Ideally, you should lie down and rest to avoid the swelling on your
- The bandage of the treatment area can be removed and washed with betadine every morning and afternoon.
- Avoid sunlight for the first two days and start wearing a doctor-prescribed hat or a soft Besides, sunscreen is essential for one month to prevent discolouration, so apply sunscreen as recommended by your doctor.
If you can take all of these precautions you will get the most effective hire transplant and fast healing after the surgery.